Sexual violence knows no boundaries.
It does not discriminate based on gender, race, age, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation. Sexual violence can occur between strangers or more commonly between people who know each other.
YWCA Northeast Indiana is here to help with your emotional recovery.
What is Sexual Violence?
Sexual violence refers to any action that pressures or coerces someone to do something sexually they don’t want to do.
It can also refer to behavior that impacts a person’s ability to control their sexual activity or the circumstances in which sexual activity occurs, including oral sex, rape or restricting access to birth control and condoms.
• insist on unwanted kissing or touching
• perform unwanted rough or violent sexual activity
• rape or attempt to rape
• refuse to use condoms or restrict someone’s access to birth control
• keep someone from protecting themselves from sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
• have sexual contact with someone who is very drunk, drugged, unconscious, or otherwise unable to give a clear and informed “yes” or “no”
• threaten or pressure someone into unwanted sexual activity
If you see yourself in any of these statements, you may benefit from our sexual violence services.
YWCA Northeast Indiana is here to help you gain freedom from abuse. Our services are free. Our services are confidential. Please reach out today. Call our crisis line (800) 441-4073 or email email@example.com for more information.
YWCA Northeast Indiana provides help and support to those who have been impacted by different forms of sexual violence. YWCA Northeast Indiana aids survivors to heal from the trauma of sexual violence through crisis intervention, counseling, and support group services. All of our services are free to anyone (youth, men, women, transgender, or non-binary individuals) affected by sexual violence, including:
- Incest survivors
- Survivors of childhood sexual abuse and molestation
- Rape survivors
- Those currently experiencing sexual abuse, assault, or rape
- Those experiencing sexual harassment
- Free and confidential support
- Connection to resources in the community
- Assistance in healing from past and current trauma
- Education on relationships, self-esteem, and other related topics
- Assistance in navigating the legal system (if desired)
- Support groups
- Mental health therapy services
All services are individualized and can always be adjusted to best fit your needs.
YWCA Northeast Indiana provides help and support for survivors of sexual violence and domestic violence through crisis intervention, counseling, and support group services. All services are FREE to anyone affected by that violence, including men, women, adolescents, children, and entire families.
*Support groups are offered based on client need and staff availability.
For more information about these services, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view the HMIS Privacy Practices
The Therapy Services program is partially supported by a grants from: